Here are some general tips to help you get the most of the battery on your Droid:
- lower the brightness on your display
- shorten the duration of your backlight
- turn of Bluetooth when you're not using it
- turn off WiFi when you're not using it
- close any background apps you're not using
- whenever possible, use the AC adapter for charging
Additionally, there are many tools available to help you understand what's eating up your battery.
Battery Use Feature
The Droid's battery use feature will help you pinpoint what's eating up your battery. From your home screen, touch
Menu > Settings > About Phone > Battery use
You'll be given a realtime view of what features/applications are currently eating into your battery's life, as well as helpful hints on improving usage.
If you see an application using up more than its fair share of battery, considering uninstalling or re-installing it.
Power Control Widget
You can also install the Power Control Widget which will give a snapshot view of what's currently using battery life (Display, Sync, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc).