Motorola unveiled the Droid RAZR Maxx HD at today's Motorola event in New York City. Pre-orders open on September 5th, at 5 p.m. ET at http://www.verizonwireless.com/droidrazrm and will be available on September 13th in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at Verizon Wireless for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.
The Droid RAZR Maxx HD features 4G LTE speeds for watching movies, television shows and other video content on its 4.7-inch Super AMOLED HD display. The 3,300mAh battery allows for up to 21 hours of talk time, 13 hours of video playback or eight hours of web browsing on LTE. Other features include: a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB RAM, mobile hotspot capabilities for up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices, an 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p HD recording, and NFC Android Beam capabilities.
The RAZR Maxx HD is also a global phone supported in more than 205 countries. It ships with Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich and will be upgradable to Android 4.1, Jelly Bean by the end of 2012.
Here is a complete list of specs and features from the official press release:
● 4G LTE – customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G LTE coverage areas.
● Interactive Circles Widget allows quick access to notifications, weather, time and more
● Quick Settings can be accessed directly from the home screen so customers can easily manage their volume profile, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, GPS and more
● Enhanced Help Guides provide interactive tutorials, help topics and tips to become a DROID RAZR expert
● Global Ready so customers can have voice and data service in more than 205 countries
● Business ready with enterprise grade security and data encryption, remote wipe, complex password support, IPsec multi-headed VPN client and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® support
● 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
● Mobile Hotspot – Share a 4G LTE connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
● 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p HD recording
● Front-facing camera for video chatting
● NFC-enabled so customers can send contacts, links, maps and more directly to compatible phones with Android Beam™
● Corning® Gorilla® Glass display, DuPont™ KEVLAR® fiber and water-repellent nanocoating
● microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB
The new DROID RAZRs run Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (upgradeable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean by end of 2012) and come with the best of Google Mobile Services, including:
● Chrome™ for Android™, giving a personalized Web experience
● Google Play™, apps and games, millions of books and songs, thousands of movies and TV shows
● Google Maps™ for Android (Beta) for voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions
● Voice Actions for Android™, letting customers control their phones with their voice
● Google+™, which can automatically upload photos to a private album online
● YouTube™, watch videos in stunning HD, Preload subscribed channels or individual videos and the YouTube app will automatically download videos over Wi-Fi while the phone is charging – making them ready to watch in an instant